We are Justix
We are a young company that is dedicated to radically improving justice experiences. We build legal tech that creates better access to justice for private individuals and the organisations they build.
Our team of 30 people works in an informal atmosphere from our homebase in the center of Cologne. Since our employees come from all over the world (currently our cradles have been in over 10 countries), our working language is English.
We are modest people who get their kicks out of working hard together to achieve great results. Next to that, we enjoy drinking a Kölsch together, and challenging each other at the kicker table. We get company sponsored access to a luxurious fitness studio (with a spa and swimming pool) to keep us fit, and receive a job ticket for easy travelling.
We are looking for several colleagues who will help us change the way justice feels for people who need it.
We see huge opportunities to improve justice delivery. Our technology brings legal services to the 21st century.
As a senior web developer, you build the legal services that legal services for people, not just for lawyers. You build it, you run it.
Our whole technology stack is based on AWS. Following the Configuration as Code principle, we use Terraform and Ansible to provision our instances. On top of that, we build upon Docker not only on our development machines, but in our large-scale, high-available production environment. From there, it is mostly the LEPP stack (Ubuntu, nginx, Postgres, PHP) with Symfony. Our latest apps are built with Symfony Flex and we think it is awesome. We love to try out new stuff and see what good it can do for us.
The LegalTech products we build start out at small prototypes to test new technologies and gain experience with these. We build chatbots using api.ai, document generators based on node.js and we have some experience in the field of ML/AI.
In our senior team, everybody is eager and motivated to build great things. At the same time, we learn a lot from each other. According to our motto “fail often, fail fast” we accept that humans also make mistakes. At the same time, we learn from them and get better every day.
- Work with an independent,
self-organized agile team to develop great products
Improve the development and deployment processes
Guess what… WRITE CODE
Do code reviews
Write and review design docs – empower everybody in the team to participate
Help team members when they are stuck
- Hold the team to a high quality standard
- Create new projects – IT driven projects are appreciated; build and improve our existing applications and the surrounding infrastructure
- Plan your projects work – own your projects; communicate your roadmap to make people understand your plan
- Proactively communicate project risks – tell your team and managers what’s not going well and figure out what to do
- Communicate successes!
- Do side projects that benefit the team / company – remove boundaries; help the team to move faster
- Be aware of how projects relate to business priorities
- Decide when to stop doing a project – or not start a project at all
- Face the daily challenges of working with cutting-edge technology
What we can offer you
- Opportunity to change the way the law feels for people when they need it most.
- Flat hierarchy environment that brings you new technical challenges everyday and thus helps you grow professionally
- A competitive fair compensation package
- Job ticket for easy travelling throughout the city
- Luxury fitness studio membership
- Discount on your favourite pasta around the corner
- Relocation support if needed
Get in touch with us, if you are interested and your qualifications and skills match with the above. Send your cv and motivation to email@example.com or use the “Apply”-button.